January 11, 2010

Midway Happenings

(this photo taken today also serves as an "our air is cleaner than your air" in your face.)

Big news in Midway this month. We got a store of our own, cleverly named The Store. I know it's crazy, next thing you know they will put in a round-about to handle the heavy commuter traffic. Wait they jumped the gun and did that already. It is an important part of the master plan to lessen Midway's dependence on rival Heber City.

I'm very excited for The Store, in fact I'm blogging from there right now. Not only is the Wi-Fi fast, it is also quiet. Seems most other hot spots like to blast crappy music making it impossible to make or take phone calls. The Store is one of those half-size markets but I cannot for the life of me figure out what they don't have. They have had everything I've been sent to get including skim milk, 2% milk, chocolate milk, and milk of magnesia. There is a bakery, deli, salad and salsa bar, espn, and two underrated but important aspects of any store, speed and cleanliness.

The Store also brought Midway's first Red Box. Now I no longer have to sit on the couch at night and calculate whether it is worth returning a movie or paying another $1 to keep it a night. It was a very detailed calculation factoring in the average cost of gas, which car and miles per gallon, outside temperature, number of kids involved, likelihood of crying, opportunity cost, wind direction, the time value of money, movie rating, and chance of running into the Bishop. It was a hassle but I'm happy to share the Excel Spreadsheet with those interested.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds to us like MIDWAY is really becoming an uptown kind of place. How progressive can you get? Even though we don't have any personal experience with Redbox, just the mention of the system sent shivers up and down our spines. Keep on progressing!

Kurt and Jordan said...

i am soooo happy you guys get THE STORE now!!! There is one by our house and it's my favorite!!! p.s for my birthday in a few months i really like the german chocolate cake, you can surprise me and heidi with that in march, it's the best!!!!

Justin said...

Finally saw "District 9" six months after you recommended it to me. Great ride.