September 25, 2009

What am I missing?

I look at the length of this list and I feel like it's gotten out of control, I've turned into such a loser. Yet at the same time I can't help but feel like we are missing something. So with the Fall T.V. season kicking off I have to ask, what are we missing?

The Emmetts DVR series record list:

The Office
Monk
Chuck
Kath & Kim
30 Rock
The Simpsons
Burn Notice
24
Lost
Scrubs
Cycling
Better Off Ted
Desperate Housewives
Parks and Recreation
Southland
Psych
Phineas and Ferb
Royal Pains
The Mentalist
Glee
How I Met Your Mother

As far as I know these are all coming back at some point this year*. There's really only 5 shows that I would really care if they didn't (Lost, The Office, 24, 30 Rock, Psych). The bottom 4 shows are the newest additions based on buzz and recommendations. Each one shows promise, although I thought Glee was way overrated. Any other new shows worth a try? Community, The forgotten, etc? Any old shows that we missed the boat? We haven't ever really given House or Bones or The Amazing Race or the CSIs, etc. a chance. Let us know, we Emmetts take our T.V. very serious.

One show I will probably be adding shortly to the list is Curb Your Enthusiasm. I broke down last week and paid for premium cable just so I could see the season premiere of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I kept reading about the Seinfeld sort-of 'reunion' on Curb this season. Well the season premiere had nothing to do with Seinfeld and I generally had no idea what was going on but I literally have not laughed that hard since Arrested Development went off the air and before that it was Seinfeld. Larry David is just as bad an actor as Jerry Seinfeld and the humor is right up my alley. There is some Adult Language and hopefully it doesn't turn any worse but I am really optimistic about it.

*R.I.P. Life. I found out this week Life would not be coming back (thanks NBC) and when I told Beth she was plunged into a deep depression. It's really too bad, he was one of the most likable characters on television.

8 comments:

Matt and Tiana said...

Matt and I love Curb your Enthusiasm. I have yet to watch an episode that hasn't brought tears of laughter. Your next assignment is to rent all previous seasons.

Marci and Morgan said...

THAT S.U.C.K.S. that life is not coming back...I will now be joining beth in a deep dark depression!!! I HATE how they do TV these days- all these start-ups, you get attached and then then cut them with no warning and no resolutions. I know the characters aren't real and all- but I am emotionally involved with Charlie Kruz! aaaaahhhh!

A and M said...

Curb is great! Yes, the language is hard for me to get over sometimes but Adam and I just bought a bunch on iTunes & we get addicted watching them.

I watched the first episode of Modern Family on ABC which made me laugh, we'll have to see what the next episodes bring.

Amber said...

We watched Modern Family and thought it was pretty funny. Um, I didn't see Dancing with the Stars on the list...:)

chad said...

The Amazing Race should be givin a try. We love it. Whats not to love about a geography game show!

falslev family said...

What about Grey's Anatomy? Too depressing this season? One very important one you forgot...So you think you can dance. Maybe you don't share in my enthusiasm for that show.

Katie said...

Have you ever seen It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia on FX? It's been called the Seinfeld of our generation and basically I agree. It is killer funny. As funny as Arrested Development if you ask me.

Justin said...

Wow I'm way behind on reading your blog. You've heard me sing the praises of The Amazing Race and now there are only two episodes left of the current season. One show we're really liking is "The Middle" with Patricia Heaton. Funnier than you might have expected. "V" has been ok, but I'm bugged at ABC for giving us 4 episodes and then giving us a 4 month hiatus...not really a great way to build loyalty for a new show. "Modern Family" is also pretty funny.