February 4, 2008

Missing: One snow shovel

Would whoever lifted my snow shovel off my front porch please return it. I mean couldn't you have picked a better time than the weekend that brought feet of snow to Midway? This winter continues to be awesome, in both sense of the word. At times I think it's getting out of control but I'm not ready to cry enough already. Especially if it means more days like the ones we had last Friday and Saturday at Snowbird.

This is from our front porch Sunday morning before I started shoveling 21 inches before hurrying to church only to be told to go home again. I didn't even know it was possible to cancel church. If you look close you can see what was left of our chokecherry tree, it has since been completely buried. Beyond the light post is a snow pile where our car used to be.

Jack in the backyard immediately was buried past his waist.
He eventually started to eat his way out.
The snow banks off the sidewalk make him look so little!

They have already brought tractors in to remove the snow twice this year but the roads are once again down to one lane with 12 foot high walls at places. Doesn't my truck look good with the hitch cover I got for my birthday?

5 comments:

emetski said...

Is that the green Civic behind the light pole? I'm glad to see Jack enjoys the snow as much as his dad.

Kristin said...

Jack is adorable however he does remind me a little bit of a Oompa-Loompa in the side walk photo wearing his snow suit. :) Can't wait to see him in 9 days.

Scott said...

Holy snow batman-
Yeah we didn't have a car capable of going through all the snow we had on sunday. No church for us that day.

By the way nice tow cover

Chelsea said...

You truck looks cute with that hitch cover!

Anonymous said...

John, you've been tagged! Check out my blog.