February 4, 2008

Tube thoughts



MASH? The Super Bowl was the second most watched T.V. program ever. I know I'm from the wrong generation to really understand but everytime I'm reminded that the most watched T.V. event in history was the MASH finale I'm blown away. It makes me feel left out. This catch (the whole play really) by David Tyree was pretty amazing.

Tell me this is true! Arrested Development is probably the second funniest show I've ever seen. It's a shame it only lasted three seasons. It and Seinfeld are the only shows that I can just think about and have the type of laughing fit that makes those around me ask if I'm OK.

American Gladiators. I can't believe I was excited for this. I have tried twice and could barely stomach 5 minutes of that show. Way too much cheesy talking from hosts, contestants, and gladiators.

Lost is finally back. I think this guy at USAtoday summed up my sentiments of it's return perfectly. There seems to be only lovers and haters of this show but I don't know why, it has everything I look for in entertainment. I always challenge the Harry Potter cynics to read the first book and just try to stop. If you aren't already a fan I think the same applies to Lost.

Super Tuesday. I'll be stuck in class tomorrow night as the results come in but you know I'll be glued to cnn.com. I'm not sure why, I already know I'll be disappointed with what happens.

3 comments:

noelle said...

i hope you're right about arrested development. i mean, this may just help me get over my post football season depression.

Katie said...

Arrested Development is a fave of ours as well! Gob is to die for funny with his illusions and his segway. I was heart broken when it was canceled. Will their ever be a show worthy of that praise ever again? (Other than the Office of course)

Brian said...

You are so wrong about American Gladiators. My roommate and I watched four episodes this week on nbc.com (hooked up to our big TV) and we were loving it.