March 10, 2008

Kicks like a little girl

When Beth was pregnant with Jack she always claimed that he was kicking her. I began to have my doubts when I still hadn't felt anything by the 8th month. Supposedly he just wasn't cooperative and would stop kicking as soon as I put my hand on her stomach. I think I maybe felt it once or twice the whole pregnancy, which you fathers will agree is a pretty awesome experience. It was hard to catch because he wouldn't do the kick, kick, kick . . . . kick, kick, kick thing. He preferred to get it all out with a single KICK!
This is not the case with Little Baby What's Her Name. As soon as Beth lies down (which is an annoying habit by the way) she starts her tap dance. It has been so wild for me the past week or so to feel her little taps. And they are all over the map. If you put your hand where the last series of kicks was she is sure to swim away and kick elsewhere a minute later. Some of them make Beth jerk in pain as a vital organ or two gets hit. I told Beth she needs to buck up, What's Her Name kicks like a little girl.
The Doctor suggested she might get everything out of her system and be a nice gentle baby. That would be nice but we'll see about that. If she is anything like her brother we'll spend the first year trying to get 8 seconds of stillness in our arms.

Jack at 7 months didn't feel well and actually feel asleep in Beth's arms. We had to document the occasion.

3 comments:

emetski said...

Tell Jack he needs to come to socal and go swimming with me. Beth and 'what's her name who kicks just like a little girl' should come too.

Unknown said...

Isn't it great that the prices we are willing to bear always seem to be within our reach and well worth it a that.

Elise Lundquist said...

Yes! This is great!!