May 21, 2008

Swim Swimmin Swimmer

In an effort to make sure Jack at least liked the water before we hit summer we've made a conscience effort to take him the pool at least once a week. Now we've created a monster, a health risk to himself and others around. He likes step into the pool before we can even get our shirts off or run the deep end and try to jump in before we can get there. It's fun to watch but also a little frightening.

He loves it. Yesterday he was whining and I asked if he wanted to go swimming. He immediately started laughing and ran to get his swim diaper. Last week while the carpet cleaners were working I picked him up and asked him where we should go. He started pointing and I followed his finger all the way to the pool. Once we got there I tried to explain that I didn't bring the pool key but he didn't want to hear any excuses.
"Can I jump to daddy? What do you think?"
"Can I swim to daddy? Well that's a little harder."

6 comments:

noelle said...

sooo cute!!!

Scott said...

You need to get that kid surfboard... or a golf club. Maybe the next Tiger

emetski said...

I love Beth's giggle in the background on both videos. That kid is too cute.

Kristin said...

If you wouldn't mind posting a few more seconds longer next time. ;) I can't get enough of Jack. I can't wait to play with him again this summer.

Unknown said...

I am assuming that his enthusiasm for skiing will even exceed his excuberance for swimming - it better, or his is "out of the will."

johnEboy said...

I do have some longer videos, including one of his version of the dog paddle, but everytime I try to upload to blogger it errors out. So frustrating. I may put them on YouTube at some point.