May 12, 2008

In-N-Out Utah

Remember in the mid 1990s when In-N-Out opened in Las Vegas? Wasn't that awesome? It was right around that time I heard the first rumors of an In-N-Out in St. George. Those proved to be false. The reason I heard (and bought) was because their products are fresh from California and never frozen. If they opened a store too far away from the suppliers it would never work. As if the extra two hours on a truck made a life and death difference.

It wasn't long after my return to BYU in 2000 that I heard the rumors again. Except this time everyone was so sure. The location was picked out, everything had been paid for, it would be there the next time I drove through. Well the years went by, the locations changed, the reasons evolved, and still no In-N-Out. I stopped listening a couple years ago no matter how credible the source. My hopes had been up for too long now to be messed with. I would just have to see it to believe it.

Well last month on my way home from a weekend working at the river I took this picture. It wasn't open but it was there. I had to take it not only for myself but as proof for friends that would react the same disbelief I usually did.
This is a very long way to say that we ate there after the triathlon. Beth and Jack had had a busy morning shopping with Kathy and Ruben met us as well. It was pretty crowded. Think UCI In-N-Out late on a Friday or Sunset In-N-Out after the Las Vegas Bowl. Nevertheless the burgers were fresh, fries were hot, shakes were so good you could cry. Or at least Jack would cry if you tried to take it away.

1 comment:

Kathleen Ainsworth said...

Nothing better the In-N-Out!