June 9, 2008

2 weeks and counting

We just got back from Lily's 2 week Dr. appointment. Everything is going great. She's almost back to her birth weight and is content and sleeping well. Since the beginning she has gone at least 4 hours between feedings at night so Beth has never had to get up more than once. She sleeps all the time (I forgot that's what they do) and very rarely has fussy moments. When she does cry it is soft and pitiful, I have a feeling that won't always be true.

Here's a few photos from the past two weeks. We had lots of good help. My parents were here for almost a week, then my sister was nice enough to extend her stay a couple days to help with Jack while I had work and school obligations. Beth's friends also came to visit while the rest of the family partied away at the river.
Lily got one of those bad diaper rashes/infections that can happen when on antibiotics. We took the excellent advice of Beth's cousin, Amber, and made sure to dry her out good with a hair dryer. Lily absolutely loved warm air blowing up her skirt. She would lay there with the most contented look on her face.
Lily was glad to see her Grandma make it back from a week at the river.
A little less excited to see her brother again. Yes Jack, we've previously established your sister has eyes.
Sunday dinner at the Heber House. Jack, Anna, and I took a walk to see the horses.
"Good times with Uncle Morgan" was doing great business.
I have to point out how excellent my wife is looking. She's already lost a lot of baby weight and is even wearing her old jeans. Why isn't my baby weight doing that?

4 comments:

noelle said...

well who wouldn't like warm air blowing up their skirt? and having seen lily in person now, i can attest to her cuteness. she's a little bug.

emetski said...

hmmmm, maybe I should invest in a kilt!! I'm glad to see that Lily has an army to protect her from her big brother's finger. Send him outside to practice on his razor.

Kurt and Jordan said...

she is so cute, i can't wait to see her in person. Beth looks awesome. We miss you guys hopefully we will see you sunday

Dan and Sara said...

Hey Beth - it's Sara (Whiting) Fishler. I found your link through one of my cousins. Congratulations on your little girl! I haven't seen you for so long I didn't know you were pregnant! Where are you guys living? I just read all about your family adventures, and it looks like you guys are doing great! And Jack is getting so big! If you're in Utah we should meet up sometime.

Also - you look really great for just having a baby!