July 1, 2008

Portland, with a capital P

Before the wedding festivities began we did get out to see some of the sites around Portland. Portland is a very pretty setting. It's one of those really cool places to fly into. The seemingly out of nowhere snow covered peaks that surround the area automatically make it "livable" in my book. My criteria for "livable" is pretty simple. If it's flat then it better be next to the ocean. Sorry Midwest.
We drove out to the Columbia River Gorge Area (that's what Neverlost called it) and stopped by Multnomah Falls for a photo op. We left the sleeping kids in the car. Don't worry, we cracked the window.
Taken on the "Bridge of the Gods". At first I couldn't tell if this was up or down river but then I used my awesome deductive reasoning. Looking towards the sun, it was closing in on 5:00 p.m., the sun sets in the West, the Columbia River follows I84, even numbered interstates run East/West, picture down river.
Dam family photo. That is actually Brian's joke but it was sooner or later stolen by everybody else on the trip so why not me?
Dinner that night was at the Rheinlander. A restaurant Jackie worked at off and on for a long time. The food was excellent and the company even better. Jack got a little hungry while waiting and started in on the lemon slices. When it was time to eat he preferred to show off his toy to his Great Grandparents.

2 comments:

emetski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emetski said...

hmmmm.... 'The Four Letter Gang' Very Clever. My hopes of Jack and Lily's future little brother being named 'Bob' are starting to fade.... I'm sure glad the kids survived waiting in the parked car.