July 30, 2008

Lily at two months

It's hard to believe she's been around for two months already. It's also hard to believe how much she has changed in those two months. She has been sleeping through the night on a regular basis for a while now and like her brother is always good for a smile. She has also turned into quite the talker and will coo at you for extended periods. Very cute. So pretty much she and Jack both love speaking anything other than English. Last week while standing next to Jack and his cousin Porter (3) Jack pointed at something and did the usual "gishkkkk uukkcurrlll". Porter then looked at me and explained "He can't talk very good."

Lily was a champ at her 8 week Doctor's appointment. We held her back a week so that she would excel physically over the other infants. Very similar to why I was "held back" in kindergarten. That second year not only could I hang on the monkey bar for 4 seconds longer than anyone else but I could also count to 20 in Spanish faster than anyone else. She was 11 lbs. 6 oz. and 23 inches long, both in the 75th percentile. I can't remember her head size but it was in the 50th percentile.

We've been extremely blessed so far. At some point nearly ever day since Lily was born I have wondered to myself how we could ever stop having kids. That's how pleasant it's been so far. I'm not an idiot, I realize they won't always be this easy going. Jack gave us glimpses over the weekend when the word "no" replaced "ut-oh" as the phrase of choice. I'm just trying to convey that we love them and are very thankful for them.

Anyone who can make it is welcome to attend the Midway 1st Ward this Sunday, August 3rd for Lily's blessing. We'd love to see you. The meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. and we will be having lunch afterwards. Mixed grill, "yummy" potatoes, raspberry jello, and watermelon have been mentioned. Directions to the church can be found here.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Porters observations are some of the best ever!

Anonymous said...

I hope everything went well, I'm sure you gave a lovely blessing. Pictures? Also, what cable/internet provider do you have? Am looking into Comacast? I know you are the expert (or at least the only family member in Heber with cable:)

Justin said...

Well if she's sleeping through the night this early, it's no wonder you want more already.

I'd just like to know if Beth is also feeling so inclined...

the rutledge's- said...

Hey John- it was good to see you guys at the reunion, sorry we missed the blessing!

michelle said...

congrats on the blessing. she is so adorable, i really hope we have a girl next! (I do love having a boy, but i don't think ryan would take kindly to me putting Noah in a cute dress.) we miss you guys!

bailors