July 3, 2008

Wedding Bells

I feel a little bad that this post is less about the couple and more about, well, Jack. But I figure the wedding has been well documented already by others, it's my blog and I'll write what I want to, and Brian and Jackie don't care. This is a pretty good shot captured as they walk out of the Portland temple. In fact I may go as far as saying it's the second best photo I have seen of a couple emerging from the temple. I'll give you a hint as to the first, it's somewhere else on our blog.
I also like this shot taken soon after. It went something like this:
Jackie (to older brother): Why are you wearing a platinum colored vest and tie?
Brother (to Jackie): That's what I was about to ask you. Why did everyone else get black and I have to wear silver?
Turns out Men's Warehouse was to blame. They did offer to let us come back and pick up a "similar" black vest and tie. Sure that's real convenient right before pictures.
A lovely family photo with Jack's blanket. Of course it wouldn't be anywhere else than in his mouth.
Family photo without the blanket. You be the judge.
The wedding party. The reception was later that night and was a lot of fun. There was singing and dancing, even from the newlyweds. My favorite part was the cake. It was seriously the best cake I have ever had at a wedding. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a cake I liked at a wedding. I'm sorry if I just offended one of you. The only way I can describe it is it was a lot like the lage kage in Denmark, delicious and fruity.Excuse me ladies. You seemed to have forgotten to invite me into your photo. No worries I can just back that thing up. Instant classic.
Jack also managed to find time to flirt with the pretty girls.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

too bad you weren't able to make it to our irvine reception with all it's wedding cake glory

Unknown said...

Our guess is that Jack perked right up after the picture was taken. It has been a rarte occasion when we haven't seen him smiling.

Janelle said...

My brother got married in Portland a couple years ago and I thought it was a very liveable place also. Did you guys go to Powell's Books? I could hardly bring myself to leave.