April 18, 2009

Girlfriend Rock

According to my resume (anybody know how to get the ' over the e?) a few of the things I have to offer the world include "Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to think critically and analyze information to produce results. Effective team player and motivator."

I've always thought that if there wasn't some crazy hard rule about a resume only being one page I could include some of my real skillz. Maybe I could just edit experience and take out "#1 fastest drive-thru attendant at El Pollo Loco summer of 1995." One of those skillz would be "EXCELLENT mix maker."

I was reminded of this a couple weeks ago after a letter from my little brother Elder Michael. Apparently earlier that P-Day he had borrowed his Mission President's computer and made a quote "sweet mix" and asked if I remembered all the "sweet mixes" we used to make. Do I remember? Of course I do, I made one that morning as well. His mix would probably only be considered sweet by other missionaries or mothers on a Sunday afternoon but still. Upon further thought I wonder if it's hereditary. The next best mix makers I know are my little brothers, both tied for second.But will we be able to teach Jack?

Since blogs are an excellent forum to share bits of wisdom I thought I might occasional share a mix. This particular one is called Girlfriend Rock. If you can't figure out why take another second. Yes these were all on my computer, including Elton John and Avril Lavigne. With the exception of Ocean 11 I'm sure they are all available for download (now $0.30 more!). I haven't been able to find them since the glory days of Napster.

  1. Rock 'n Roll -- The Sounds
  2. Girlfriend In A Coma -- The Smiths
  3. The Rock Show -- Blink-182
  4. Even Hitler Had a Girlfriend -- Mr. T Experience
  5. Rock Your Body -- Justin Timberlake
  6. Ex-Girlfriend -- No Doubt
  7. Rock Lobster -- The B-52's
  8. She Has a Girlfriend Now -- Reel Big Fish
  9. Punk Rock Girls -- The Queers
  10. My Girlfriend's Dead -- The Vandals
  11. Solid as a Rock -- Ocean 11
  12. Swiss Army Girlfriend -- Mr. T Experience
  13. Crocodile Rock -- Elton John
  14. Girlfriend -- Avril Lavigne
  15. Rocksteady -- Ocean 11

4 comments:

Brian said...

Control + Shift + '
Then type the e. That's how you at least do it in Word.

That's a pretty solid mix

emetski said...

Nice word skilz displayed by Brian. The mix is excellent. Can't wait to hear Elder E's accapella rendition of 'Even Hitler Had a Girlfriend'.

Unknown said...

Apparently all of the "music" listed is after my time so I guess I'll just have to stick to Glenn Miller and Bennie Goodman - with perhaps a little Laurence Welk.

Us5McEuens said...

Funny, I was just thinking about this earlier today. Isn't this the mixed you promised you would give me? Do I need to bring a CD for you to put it on this Sunday?