January 30, 2008

January made me shiver

Ok, so one of our new year's resolutions is to take our camera with us places so we weren't forced to capture memories on our cell phones. If you were to look at our collection of photos from January then it would be obvious we've failed. I once considered posting my resolutions on the blog but then I thought "why would I want to make myself feel even worse when I don't do them?" Lucky for us Beth's sister Emily was visiting for a couple weeks from Virginia and she is much better at having a camera handy. I had to steal these photos from her. We celebrated birthdays, baby blessings, and even got a babysitter a few times. We saw two movies, The Bucket List and 27 Dresses. Both movies served their purpose but to be completely honest I was just stoked to be seeing anything other than P.S. I Love You. That movie looks dreadful and nobody can convince me otherwise.

Here's the whole McEuen Family after baby Hallie's blessing. Who knows when we'll be able to get another photo with everybody there. I'm always glad when I don't have to stand right between Greg and Morgan. Grandma and Grandpa with Jack, Seth, Oliver, Hallie, Porter, Nicholas, and Elena

The adults and Nick at Macaroni Grill. Jackie did an excellent job as our server (and photographer) that night. At the time she was just Brian's girlfriend Jackie but now she is much more. To see the awesomely awkward video of what I'm referencing check this out.

Here we are at the Brick Oven to celebrate Elena's 4th birthday. The next week it was Porter's turn to celebrate his 3rd. That night I had a talk with Elena about how I didn't appreciate when she visited last summer that I played second fiddle to Jordan. I mean Jordan wasn't even officially in the family yet! She seemed to understand where I was coming from and when I asked her if I was her favorite again she did say yes.

Cousin Friends. Seth (17 months) Ollie (2) and Jack (15 months)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can steal pictures from me anytime! I might have to look up the video of your brother proposing, anything that can be called 'awkwardly awesome' at the same time is calling my name.

lori said...

Beth
Congrats on producing a girl! We are due about the same time. So you better be shoppin it up for cute girl stuff. She will be so adorable.