April 15, 2008

California Adventure

This happened a couple weeks ago but our camera took the long way home so I'm just now getting to it. After all that wait we only had about 15 pictures anyways. At least there were others to document the events. Monday morning after Easter we loaded up the Yukon with Beth, Ann, Marci, Jack, Porter, and Seth. As we watched them drive away I remember thinking how bad I would miss them. Having said that I couldn't think of a place I wanted to be less than in that car. 10+ hours of driving with a 3 year old and two 1 year olds? Are you kidding me? Work seemed like a breeze that day. Beth said it went pretty good though.
Marci did a good job of summarizing what all they were up to while on their Spring Break here. I had a few customer visits in LA the next week and flew down early to join the party. California was just perfect. We had been asking for Spring for weeks now and finally got it 700 miles away. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Miller for the room and board and thanks to mom and and dad for the babysitting. And thank you to Tito's and Jalapeno's for the tacos!


Jack loved swimming and didn't really care for my help. Good sign that he likes his life vest this year. The last of the ice melted on Deer Creek this week but Jordanelle is still completely covered. No matter what it's about time to get the boat summerized.

These two absolutely loved being outside.

Redondo Beach at sunset. Not sure what Jack is pointing at.

Although it was fun feeding the seagulls on the pier and watching them fly just over our head I think it was a little traumatic for the boys that I was feeding THEIR churros to the birds.


3 comments:

Marci and Morgan said...

You managed just fine I see. And PLEASE thank your parents again for taking the boys so we could shop- they are on my eternally grateful list! When are we going back???

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great and apparently cool time in California. Any time you can spend with family is a plus as far as we are concerned. We think Jack may have been pointing at the ocean - or somewthing close to it.

emetski said...

Marci, Bring the boys by any time - as long as you bring Jack with them. We had a great time with the three amigos. John, I want to know how it turned out that I missed a trip to Tito's.