April 25, 2008

Spring has sprung


With May just three days away I finally feel confident enough to bid farewell to winter. Even though we continue to get weekly snow showers, even as recent as yesterday. The snow around our house has melted but as you can see from the pictures we took on a walk this week the houses facing North still have quite the piles to deal with.

Here's a bit of advice for everyone looking for ways to better cope with next winter. Add Craig, Colorado to your Yahoo or Google weather watch. Craig is where Baby Brother Elder Mikey spent this winter while serving in the Denver South Mission. It was consistently 10+ degrees colder than Midway, or anywhere else I was for that matter. And this was a really cold and snowy winter. It always made me think twice before complaining. I didn't even have to be out in the elements if I didn't want to.

Though you wouldn't have known how miserable it was from Mikey's letters home. The kid definitely has the always positive attitude that comes with missionary service.

2 comments:

emetski said...

Dang, I miss that kid. Those are some very cute photos.

Unknown said...

As I said on the above post, Jack really does look good no matter what.