April 22, 2008

My friends Penny and Carl

If it wasn't for the photo you would probably never guess who was cruising the aisles on the flight home from San Diego today. It was Penny and her cousin Carl, Penguin Ambassadors from the San Diego Zoo. The top one is Penny and it's hard to see in the second photo but that is Carl walking away. It was one of the wildest things I've ever seen on a plane. Certainly better than the alternative. My eyes were closed when the flight attendant announced that the special guests were let of their cages to stretch. I opened my eyes to see what the heck she was talking about and right next to me was Penny. I gave her a pat, she felt like a soft duck.

2 comments:

noelle said...

that is so cool! i am so jealous!!! i did not know that penguins can fly. i'm going to ask steve to see if he answers this one correctly.

Marci and Morgan said...

haha- that's great- he's totally going to answer that one WRONG and I'm excited for you! haha! I cannot believe that they were allowed to wander the isles- I am completely jealous- nothing actually exciting ever happens on airplanes.. poopouts, screaming puking children, strangers you have no interest in talking to and seat-mates who take up your seat as well as theirs- some people have all the luck I guess..