January 4, 2008

It's a . . . . . . girl!

Beth had the ultrasound this afternoon and we found out it is a girl. Everything looks really good and healthy. She measured out as expected and the due date is still May 25th.

I have been pretty vocal in saying that I wanted another boy. This was for several reasons: 1) I really like Jack and would be cool with another one 2) The baby's room and bathroom are already blue 3) we have all the supplies for a boy 4) I was under the impression that men are supposed to want boys and 5) to be contrary because I know how Beth wanted a girl. The reality is we have been praying for a healthy baby.

This week I had stronger and stronger feelings that we were going to have a girl. I would have bet the farm on it this morning and I'll tell you I got really excited. It may have even been a let down if I was wrong. Beth was of course very happy and Jack smiled when we told him. He continued to smile when I told him we were putting him up for adoption so we're not sure he really understood.

10 comments:

emetski said...

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian said...

Adoption or AUCTION? I'll start off the bidding with $50 for Jack.

Unknown said...

If we thought you were serious about auctioning Jack, we would definitely be interested. Our guess is that he will be as pleased with a sister as the rest of the family.

paige said...

So exciting & we are so happy for you!

Scott said...

congrats. brian says 50, we will go 60 easy

Gooches said...

hey john! it's holly hemsath (gooch)! good to see your family! super cute!

Gooches said...

hey john! it's holly hemsath (gooch)! good to see your family! super cute!

Gooches said...

p.s. i noticed paige and lorin are on your links, paige is my visiting teaching companion! small world!

YPR said...

Congrats Beth, John, and Happy Jack. Take it from me, girls are very fun, at least until they start arguing with sisters over who "borrowed" whose clothes without asking . . . but that only lasts for a few years.

Katie said...

Hooray for a baby girl! I love baby girls, but I would love to do the boy thing myself one day! Congrats!