January 18, 2008

T.G.I.F.

Remember how cool TV used to be on Fridays? At work recently we discussed how with shows like Full House, Step by Step, Family Matters, and Just the Ten of Us we actually looked forward to the Friday lineup. Man did times change! Just a few months ago I was caught at home on a Friday and found myself watching part of that show Men in Trees. When I came to and realized what I was doing (no offense to fans of the show) I was so embarrassed to be watching prime time programming.

Thankfully Beth has saved us. Last week she stumbled upon Psych, liked it enough to record part of the marathon, convinced me I should watch an episode, and next thing you know we create a series recording for a Friday show. Highly recommend it. It's about two friends who have opened up a Psychic detective agency in Santa Barbara, only neither one is psychic. Therefore hilarity ensues as they work cases. It's on USA after Monk, which we also have taken a liking to. Watching Monk's character makes me feel like my OCD tendencies really aren't bad at all. Anyways it should help pass the gloom of winter and a writer's strike that is preventing 24 from returning.

7 comments:

paige said...

Sounds like a good show - it's always fun to find something new. With the strike, we haven't even bothered to sign up for any TV since the move because there is nothing on!! It was easy at first, but now I find myself going crazy throughout the day when it's too cold to go anywhere!

Brian said...

What about Dinosaurs. That show was definitely a guilty pleasure.

johnEboy said...

Good call Brian. Paige, you really aren't missing anything. Psych is literally the only show the DVR has recorded in at least a month.

noelle said...

i can't believe we have never discussed either of these shows at family dinner! i watch both. no surprise there, really.

A and M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A and M said...

My dad and Lorie have been watching Psych for a couple years now, we saw a few episodes when we heard it is supposed to take place in Santa Barbara.
I loved TGIF...Friday nights just aren't the same for kids these days.
Brian this is for you..."Knock the Mamma, Knock the Mamma" (Don't even ask how I remembered that)

Justin said...

Speaking of TGIF, the recent writer's strike caused me to start watching "Friday Night Lights" which critics have been praising for two years. I watched them on DVD during Lily's latenight feedings, and although it is occasionally too soapy, was a pretty moving little family drama.

Nothing like Full House, but there is usually a moral-of-the-story moment.